TRAIL ETIQUETTE & SAFETY
- Permitted users: hikers, bicyclists, cross country skiers, motorized wheelchairs operated by people with disabilities. The trail is open year-around.
- Not Permitted: horses, snowmobiles*, ATV’s, motorcycles or any other motorized vehicles, hunting.
- *Snowmobiles are allowed only to cross US 20 at the Sherman Underpass located approx. 3 miles East of the village of Pecatonica by Hoisington Rd.
- All pets must be in a leash. Please clean up after your pet.
- For Maintenance & Safety issues call the Convention & Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
- 10 foot wide, level grade, with crushed limestone surface.
- 10 foot asphalt surface in the villages of Pecatonica and Winnebago, Sumner Park and at the Sherman Underpass.
- 32 bridge structures of various types.
- Wetlands, remnant prairies and scenic meadows.
- Sumner Park on the west limits of Pecatonica Village
- Sumner Park East – planned to be in place by 2014
PARKING AND ACCESS
- Sumner Park in the village of Pecatonica
- Local Streets and Roads. Must abide by local parking laws
To report maintenance or safety problems:
Please contact us at www.Pecatonicaprairietrail.com OR call the Convention & Visitors Bureau at (815) 233-1357.
*In an emergency call 911.